Loving More® Writer’s Guidelines
Please read writers guidelines thoroughly. By submitting articles to Loving More you agree to adhere the Loving More writer guidelines.
- Articles should be relevant to polyamory or other types of healthy relationships, including articles by people who are working to integrate polyamory into their lives. But we consider other subjects based on relevancy to the magazine. Check our website (www.lovemore.com) for a quick tour on polyamory.
- Article should be clear, concise, with length between 750 words to 3,000 words.
- Extremely lengthy articles are only published when they are exceptional both in content and subject matter and may be done as a series.
- Unless prior arrangements are made, article submission should be in electronic format, either via e-mail or on CD. We accept either Microsoft Word format or plain text format in Times or Times New Roman font style.
- We edit all articles for content, style and space, but we do our best to maintain the tone of the article. If you wish to be involved in the editing process, please contact us with that request.
- Articles should be grammatically correct, with correct spelling and punctuation. We edit every article, but a good raw material always helps. Although English language can sometimes be lacking in expressing poly ideas, please minimize creating or using non-standard words.
- Since Loving More® is not a technical journal, please keep this in mind when writing an article.
- For style consistency, we follow the Associated Press Stylebook and Webster’s New World College Dictionary, Fourth Edition whenever possible. Both are available at a local bookstore.
- We do not return submitted materials, so please retain a copy for yourself.
- Along with articles, we also publish poems, cartoons, illustrations and photographs. We look forward to establishing working relationships with quality artists.
- We do not publish pornographic materials or those containing explicit sexual content, unless the context is particularly relevant to the magazine.
- We do not accept simultaneous submissions. But we reprint, under legal permission, already-published articles if they have appeared in magazines our readers may not have seen, or if they are particularly relevant to polyamory.
- If an article is interesting, well-written and applicable, but does not fit the guidelines, please submit it anyway. We are always open to good material and new surprises.
- Generally, we pay for articles with copy of the magazine and biography with links at the end of the article. We are looking for high-quality material, and most of our submissions are from people who are donating their work.
- Please include a bio and contact info if you wish it to be included at the end of your article and how you want your name to be listed on the article, if you wish to be anonymous make that clear and give us a pseudonym to use.
- We welcome all submissions for review; however submission does not guarantee publication. You will be informed if your article is chosen.
- All submissions for each issue are reviewed by a committee and may be used in the next issue or a future one depending on how the topics fit the theme of each issue.
- Copyrights of articles published are shared with Loving More. Authors retain copyright while Loving More has the right to publish articles from the magazine into future issues, on the Loving More website and other media published under the Loving More Trademark. (we do require that authors not submit articles published in Loving More for publication elsewhere for at least one year after the first publication by Loving More)
Submissions for Loving More PEP Talk, our online blog magazine are welcome anytime. Articles published online may or may not appear in the printed issue of Loving More magazine. All articles submitted are considered for both PEP Talk and the printed magazine and may be published in one or both. Email submissions to email@example.com.
For questions or concerns about guidelines and/or submissions please call 970-667-5683.
We greatly appreciate your contributions and submissions.
The Loving More® Staff